Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Theatre-themed Wedding Congratulations Card


I made this card for the wedding of a good friend whose wedding colours were red and gold, and she had told me in advance they were having a theatre-themed wedding. Their invitations were beautifully designed and looked like playbills, so I wanted to make a card along the same lines.

I knew I wanted the theatre curtains to be the focus so chose a rectangular card blank and cut out some red card -it looks a bit pink in this photo, but is red. I cut side sections which I glued on first and then the drape across the top, and used a small part of a gold border sticker to make the curtain tie backs.

I used some gold hearts in each corner of the card though in retrospect it didn't really need them. I had a bride and groom topper, made from paper but quite intricate, which I had bought on Ebay -there had been 4 or 5 in the pack but I'd used the others over the years. I also had a die cut wedding cake which I finished with a little bit of another gold border sticker, and finally the words 'on your wedding day' which I helpfully happened to have in gold as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment