Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Edible Christmas Tree Decorations



I had some gingerbread mix left over when I made this gingerbread house so I decided to cut out a few extra Christmas trees and snowmen. I had the idea of hanging them on the Christmas tree with ribbon and I think they look really cute!

You could make any sugar cookie recipe but these gingerbread ones did taste really good; here's the recipe I made for the gingerbread house so it would make you quite a lot of cookies:

 
180g butter
125g brown sugar
300g golden syrup
500g plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp bicarb of soda


Melt the butter in a pan and add the sugar and syrup. Remove from the heat, add the dry ingredients and mix to a thick dough. Roll out on a floured surface and cut out the shapes on top of pieces of baking paper.
Make a small hole with the tip of a dinner knife or the end of a teaspoon handle to thread the ribbon through. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes depending on size.

Allow to cool and push a skewer through the holes to open them out again if necessary if they have closed up a bit.
















Decorate however you like, with icing and dragees or sprinkles. Leave to dry then thread some ribbon through and hang on the tree!


I'm sending these to Treat Petite, hosted by Stuart at Cakeyboi and Kat the Baking Explorer.


 
I'm also sending this to Tea Time Treats, hosted by Karen at Lavender and Lovage and Jane at the Hedgecombers, as their theme is sugar and spice.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment