Thursday, September 3, 2015

Tabby Cat Birthday Cake


Since I’m on holiday and wanted to schedule a few posts for when I was away I thought I would share this with you. Isn’t it brilliant?
 
My sister made this cake for my birthday, using an idea and instructions from a brilliant cake decorating book I got her from Sainsbury’s that only cost £5 for a big hardback with lots of colour photos. I think her cake has a very professional finish even though she is quite new to covering cakes with fondant. The stripes look perfect and the cake was so cute! The cake underneath was delicious too – a Victoria sponge.
 

I’m so used to making my own birthday cake - I don’t get many opportunities to make big cakes and I usually don’t want someone else stealing my glory! I think I would feel the same about a wedding cake but that’s a bigger challenge). But in this instance I’d been really busy and we popped in to see my family for a day right before we went on holiday – so it was lovely that she made this for me! I might have to let someone else make a birthday cake for me in future!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment