Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Butterscotch Blondies

 
 
I set out to make strawberry blondies to use up some leftover strawberries, and found this recipe on the Food Network website. As I started making it, I realised that it used strawberry jam rather than fresh strawberries, and butterscotch chips, which I thought sounded really nice but not necessarily combined with strawberries… so  I set my punnet of strawberries to one side while I found a different recipe to use those, and made what I am calling Butterscotch Blondies instead!
 

You need
4 tbsp butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla flavouring
1 egg
¾ cup plain flour
¼ tsp baking powder
½ cup butterscotch chips
 
Preheat oven to 180C. Line a square baking tin with parchment, or if you have a brownie pan like I do, spray each section with Cake Release.
 
Melt the butter and the sugar in a bowl in the microwave for 1 minute on high. Stir in the vanilla and the egg.
  
 
 
 
 
In a larger bowl if necessary, fold the butter and sugar mixture into the flour and baking powder. Stir in the butterscotch chips and spoon into the pan.
 
 
Bake for 20 minutes – they should still be a little soft as they come out of the oven. Leave to cool in the pan then if you have baked it in a square tin, remove from the pan and cut into squares. If you have a brownie pan, job done!
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment