Friday, September 18, 2015

F1 Foods Italy roundup and the next challenge: Singapore


We missed the Italian Grand Prix as we were on holiday but my fiancé was following it online and I made sure I did my post for Formula 1 Foods before I went away! It did mean I didn't have much of a chance to promote the challenge though so there were only a couple of entries; I had hoped there would be more as Italy is a much easier theme than many!

I did an entire Italian buffet for my fiancé's birthday this year and hadn't blogged about it until now so here you can see a selection of ideas and recipes which are really easy if you are feeding a crowd.



Suelle at Mainly Baking made this almond, raspberry and rose polenta cake which is both gluten free and dairy free;  she says it's one of the best cakes of this kind that she has ever made and the fresh fruit gives a lovely seasonal twist.


The other entry this month came from Johanna at Green Gourmet Giraffe who made angel-hair pasta with feta, sundried tomatoes and spinach. I'm always on the look out for interesting pasta recipes and this looks great; and a good way to get in some more veg.



Thanks to everyone who sent in their Italian-inspired recipes. The next few Grand Prix races are quite close together so there isn't a whole lot of time to allow for the next challenge, which is of course Singapore. So you have until Tuesday 22nd to send in anything inspired by Singapore! The linky is here:

');

0 comments:

Post a Comment