Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Party Pizza Pinwheels

Over Christmas I spent a lot of time going backwards and forwards between family and friends in four (non-adjacent) counties. While not cooking Christmas dinner was probably something of a relief, I would have liked to have taken something with me, such as the starter for Christmas dinner at my parents, or a dessert for my fiance’s family’s house on Boxing Day. But we weren’t home long enough for me to cook anything!
 
I didn’t want to go empty-handed though so came across this very quick recipe for some tasty treats. They are great for buffets or parties and are very fast to make if you use ready-made puff pastry.
 
Roll out a sheet of puff pastry and spread with tomato puree, then sprinkle liberally with grated cheese. You can also add wafer-thin sliced ham.
 
 
 
 
Roll up the pastry to make a long sausage shape and slice into thin rounds.
 
 
 
Bake in the oven until the pastry is risen and golden brown. Serve hot or cold – they taste really good!
 



I'm sending this to Treat Petite, hosted by Kat the Baking Explorer and Stuart at Cakeyboi as the theme is fruit and veg.



0 comments:

Post a Comment