Saturday, January 30, 2016

Apple and Cheese Potato Cakes


I've been trying to use my Spiralizer once a week as my wedding is now only just over four and a half months away (!) but as I started following Dietplan.co.uk this week I'd forgotten I also needed to factor in a spiralized meal - I also forgot to include my Meat Free Monday!

If you have any Spiralizer recipes please add them to the linky below - I will do a roundup of the recipes that were sent in this month further down.

So as it's Spiralizer Saturday I found a recipe from Inspiralized to have for my lunch today. They are quite similar to something I ate a lot in Germany when I lived there nearly 20 years ago - potato cakes or Kartoffelpuffer. I had a go at making these and blogging about it a couple of years ago. That was pre-Spiralizer so the potato was grated; it works very well with a Spiralizer. This recipe has the addition of apple and cheese, which is quite nice.

To make two large potato cakes:

Spiralize one large potato and fry the noodles in a pan for about ten minutes until softened.


Spiralize an apple and grate 75g cheese. In a large bowl, beat one egg, add the apple, cheese and a large pinch of salt. Add the spiralized potatoes to the bowl and mix well.


Shape into two balls, press down in the frying pan and fry for 5 minutes on each side. I served these with a couple of rashers of streaky bacon.



I'm now going to open the #SpiralizerSaturday for a month rather than doing it weekly, for the best spiralizer recipes - send in your ideas for things to make with a spiralizer!

');
Here's a roundup of the Spiralizer recipes I have made and other people have shared with me during January:

Orange chicken with spiralized sweet potato



Lemon and courgette spaghetti, from Searching for Spice

Lemon and Courgette Spaghetti

Leftover sausage ragu with spiralized butternut squash


Sticky Chinese pork with spiralized carrots


Prawn Mooli Stir-Fry

Apple and cheese potato cakes (see recipe above)


0 comments:

Post a Comment